Thursday, May 31, 2007

We are Everywhere!

And the young men aren’t the only things coming out of the woodwork….

The thing about the Internet is that people feel safe in their anonymity most of the time. Or, at least I think that’s what it is…

I belong to a couple of relatively loosely run geek forums. I play mmorpg’s. I run into all kinds of people.

And yet recently, about half the ones I’ve run into admit – freely, and without provocation – that they are kinky as hell.

A girl cracks one dirty joke and they all come running …

And it’s not just men aiming to hit on me, either. It’s women with questions. It’s dominant men, submissive men, bi-curious men. It’s mostly rational discussions about safety and advice, with a bit of flirting sometimes thrown in for good measure. It’s nice to be flirted with, with the caveat, as before that it doesn’t become creepy or stalker-like. It does a person good to feel desirable. If it ever starts to feel gross or again, creepy, I back away softly and get out my big stick *grin

I don’t invite the inquiries/flirts/teases. But apparently, I give off enough of a ‘sexually open and aware’ vibe that people feel an opening to share. Which on one hand is cool as hell. And on the other hand is a little scary. Most of the time, it’s a one-shot conversation about a particular thing. They go away, happy to have been validated, and I get a smile out of a good conversation. Everyone’s happy.

I’m pleased that more and more people are freely admitting that they’re kinky. It’s not like I’m some political BDSM person who wants us to have a movement like the gay/lesbian communities, because I don’t. But it is a little fun to know that there are more of us out there than we think.

I don’t mean to say that everyone is like that. I do occasionally run into vanilla folks who ‘ick’ at the idea of anything other than soft, cuddly sex. I smile at them, and wish them well (a few of them mistakenly found my blog and got a big surprise! lol) and hope that they remain happy in their choices.

That’s what it’s all about, isn’t it? Being happy in how you choose to live you (sex) life?

No comments: