Saturday, May 12, 2007

Patience (again, I'm sure)

I think I’ve written about patience before. I’m too impetuous to go look :p

For many things in life, I’m very patient. My grandfather always said that I should be a nurse or a teacher, because I had the patience to deal with the public at large without getting irritated. I was told most of my life that I would make an excellent mother because of my patience (I did make an excellent step-mother, and still do :p).

I do believe there are things worth waiting for. And I do believe that sometimes, going slowly into something you are unsure about is the safest and sanest bet.

But there are some things in life where I have little to no patience. And it’s in those things that I find that …

I want what I want when I want it.

And yes, sex is one of those times.

I love teasing someone. I am not so good on the other end of that touch. I can do it. I have a stubborn streak a mile wide and I can force myself to do lie there and take it, but inside, I’m screaming. This is not to say I don’t enjoy that /smirk but it is to say that it drives me absolutely crazy.

“Anything worth having is worth waiting for.”
“The longer you wait, the better it is.”

Yea yea yea, I get it.

Doesn’t mean I have to like it, right? Even though I might. A little.

Perhaps it’s my lack of patience, in those times, where I’m dying to cum or whimpering loudly in anticipation of being fucked silly that not getting exactly

What I want when I want it

is exactly what I need.

We seldom want and need the same things. Our body requires fuel. We want ice cream. We need a dependable car, but what we want is a shiny piece of crap. In those moments where we’re internally debating between what we think we should have, and what our lives truly call for that we learn the most about ourselves.

(Yes, it is possible to learn a lot about yourself while you’re fucking. Sorry if that shatters any illusions /wink)

We typically always know what we desire. That’s not always what’s good for us, though. And trying to strike a balance between want and need is often perilous and can leave us cold and frustrated.

I think truly, sometimes, it’s better that I don’t get

What I want when I want it.

So that when I do, the next time, I’ll appreciate it more.

So what does all that philosophizing have to do with getting fucked? Sometimes, in not winning, we really do win. In not giving in, we give ourselves a gift. And other times, what we really want – at the moment we want it – is exactly what we need. Strength of mind is good and all, don’t get me wrong. Patience is a virtue. But giving in to ourselves occasionally is a virtue too. Man does not live by bread alone.

It’s not all about sex. Sometimes what I want is answers. Sometimes, I want to be done with this weight-loss program. Sometimes, I just want a kind word right fucking NOW and am frustrated and impatient when I can’t get it.

But sometimes, what man (or woman) needs is a good sound fucking. There is something to be said for instant gratification. If there weren’t, we’d all have the patience of a saint.

I dunno about you, but I’m not up for sainthood. I don't look my best in white. /wink

No comments: