Saturday, May 12, 2007

The Way I'm Wired

I’ve been asked this often enough, so I guess I’ll answer it.

I have had wonderful sexual experiences with women in the past (and some not so wonderful, goes with the territory), and I’m not at all adverse having more in the future, but it’s not something that I actually seek out. I don’t call myself bisexual because I can’t ever see myself having a long-term relationship with a woman. Sex and friendship, yes. But probably never anything more than that. I find women that I am very sexually attracted to, but I can’t see anything going beyond the friendship stage with some sweaty sheet time mixed in.

When I lived in California, I had a friend; we’ll call her M. M was living with a man; I was living with a man. We were all friends and spent a lot of time together. M and I were very affectionate with each other, and did have a couple of forays into the sexual arena (with or without the men). To this day, she’s one of my closest friends, and I look on our time together fondly. But it was what it was – sex and close friendship, tied up in … rope *grin

So, maybe I *am bisexual but not biamorous? Is that even a word?

Call me crazy, but I like men. I like the way they smell and the way they feel. Even when they drive me completely insane, men are where it’s at for me as far as anything longer than a hot, sweaty encounter or weekend is concerned.

I used to think that I’d like to be one of those people who see past gender, to the soul of the person. To be able to have a relationship with a man – or a woman – and have them be the same thing. But I don’t think that’s true anymore. I used to think my inability to do that was wrapped up in my upbringing (good catholic girl *grin) but I don’t think that’s true either. I think I’m just wired to enjoy sex with either gender, but when it comes down to it, I want to wake up next to a guy with a scratchy chin and a hairy chest.

No comments: