Thursday, May 31, 2007

Age is just a number

Funny thing.

When I was younger, I typically dated older men. I absolutely adored older men. My first boyfriend was 7 years older than I was.

And now?

The young ones are coming out of the woodwork *grin

I don’t mean teenagers or even early twenties. But for some reason I seem to catch the attention of the 25-35 year old crowd, both in the scant few profiles I have up, and in other online forums (message boards, gaming, etc)

Oh, I know all the stereotypes about how younger men want an older woman to ‘teach them the ropes’ so to speak, and how men in general like a woman who’s comfortable in her sexuality and embraces it, as many women do once they pass 35. Even in a dominant/submissive relationship, it’s been said other places that younger dominants tend to gravitate toward older submissives simply for the ‘kink’ of the age difference.

I dunno about all that. But I do know the attention, provided it doesn’t get stalker-like, is kind of hot. *smirk. I think perhaps the confidence that I’ve gained over the last few years has made the age differences less of an issue, and has opened a lot of paths I’d not considered.

Ten years ago, I never would have considered dating a man in his twenties. C is 2.5 years younger than me, and that was about the limit of how far I was willing to go with that. Now, though – now, I’m not shying away from that attention so much.

That’s not to say that I’d limit myself by choosing older or younger or ‘my age’. But there is something to be said about the exuberance of youth, and the stamina, and… well, you get the idea, right?

I mean hell, if Demi Moore can do it, why can’t the rest of us? *grin

No comments: