Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Combining Worlds

I've made no secret of the fact that I enjoy fantasy novels. Anne Bishop, Kate Forsyth, George RR Martin...books based on games I've played. I've started several stories of my own in this genre, but I've never been able to get past 100 pages with any of them. I think because I've tried to keep them strictly in that realm, and haven't allowed my other "interests" to cross over into them in any major way. For a long while, I've been contemplating a fantasy book that had BDSM themes. I've had trouble coming up with a concept for this story, but that's probably more because I hadn't found the right idea yet.

I may have hit on one this morning. We'll see.

It certainly would be a boon for me to start writing again. My "fiction" light has been out for awhile and I miss the warmth of it. And if I'm able to find a way to combine both of my favorite genres - well, what a happy girl I would be then :)

I'm trying to sketch it out on paper right now. We'll see if I can push past that stage. Though considering my writing 'block' the last week or so, it may be awhile before I get past the planning part.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I stumbled across your blog a couple days ago, and have been wanting to leave a comment but not knowing exactly what to say. Then I saw this, and thought "A-Ha!" - I'm sure someone by now has recommended the Kushiel novels by Jaqueline Carey--and if they haven't, there you go--but a new Anne Bishop novel is coming out! *fangirl* I so rarely come across someone else who has read the books--when I haven't force-fed them, that is--that I had to say something!

And on a larger level, have you posted your short stories anywhere other than when you've integrated them into your blog-text?