Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The Return of the Will

I said recently that I have about 16 pounds left to go to my doctor’s goal for me. Up until this week, I was very satisfied with what he’d set, but now I’m not so sure.

I don’t know why that changed. I’m trying not to analyze it too much. But I know that 16 pounds aren’t probably going to be enough to make me as satisfied as I could be.

To that end, I started working my ass off (literally) these past weeks. In addition to working up to 45 minutes every week night on the bike (I’m at 34 minutes currently and had my first ten mile ride tonight *smile), I bought myself a nifty little set of wrist weights , a jump rope and one of those little crappy mini-stepper things. I do belong to a local gym (I went once last week) but for whatever reason, I’m just happier working on things at home.

It aggravates me that these last pounds won’t seem to come off. I also started calcing my calories this week, to see if maybe I was eating more or less than I thought I was – and I am, less that is. And I know I’m not getting enough protein. So I’m working on doing both of those things, too.

It’s amazing how much better I feel when I take that whole issue in hand instead of letting everything else be more important than that.

That said, my will to write seems to be back. Thankfully.

No comments: