Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Slacker

I'm slacking again, aren't I? *sigh*

Creativity - and the drive to write - ebbs and flows with me. When my energy level is high for whatever reason, and I am driven - I write often and long missives. When my energy slips down - again for whatever reason, I write less. It's in those times that I write less that I really wish I could write. I have much to write *about. I just can't seem to get it done.

I started writing a piece of fiction last night. I'm not entirely sure what inspired it; I don't believe it comes from the same place that my last several have come from, but yet it's not a new source, either. It came from a phrase that popped into my head while I was at work yesterday. It wasn't on my big "to write!" list; but it's the only one that I seem compelled to give a voice to.

A small piece, since it's not nearly complete ....

"Anyone watching should be treated to the same show you’d put on for me. A passer-by may glance in and watch. Or not. Someone driving by may catch a glimpse of your ass in the air and your hands in your cunt. Or not. It doesn’t matter if no one sees you do it. Because you’ll be doing it for me, as if I were here, whether I am or not"

Now if you'll excuse me, I think I'll get back to it ....

No comments: