Tuesday, March 13, 2007

*argh*

I remembered last night why I quit reading BDSM Message boards....

"If he were a good dom, he'd have called when he said he would."

What?

"He should have asked if you had issues with punishment first."

What?

"Your submission is a precious gift and should be treasured."

WHAT? Do people really still buy into that shit? Gawd, has my ranting taught nothing over the last 14 years?

Personal. Responsibility. Period.

If he didn't call, maybe he had a reason, did you bother to ask?
Did you tell him you had issues with punishement or did you expect him to read your mind? Communications goes both ways, you know.
Submission is not a fucking gift. I don't know how many times I have to say that. If you're a submissive it's because you want to be. If you don't want to be, you're just playing a game to get what you want.

*screams in frustration*

I am not a "subbie". And I am certainly not your "sister". I am not a precious treasure to be put on a pedestal.

I am a woman who likes to submit. It's part of what gets me off. That's it. It's not a sisterhood or a cutesy trend. It's what it is.

Some days I read those boards and I'm glad I'm not diabetic or I'd be in a coma. Some days I read them and I just stare at the screen, open-mouthed, wondering where these cute little submission-bunnies came from.

And if there is an exterminator around....

No comments: