Saturday, March 24, 2007

...and when I'm inspried...

Fiction writing is a selfish pleasure. There’s no question about that. I’m not writing it for the good of anyone but myself. It’s not as if I’m writing to teach or to better a community of some sort. It’s not like it’s a gift to anyone.

Having said that, my fiction is always immeasurably better when I’ve been inspired by a conversation or an exchange of some sort; when I am writing for a specific person, or with a specific dialogue in mind. It’s fun to add nuances of other people to my fiction; their likes and dislikes, their fantasies and desires. Bringing someone else’s fantasies to fruition through my writing is one of my biggest pleasures. Maybe showing them a new path. Inspiring them to think outside of their own personal box. Or just flat out writing something they’ve expressed a desire to experience. Even then, I’m not doing it *for them. I’m doing it for me. Because it makes me feel incredibly good to have been given this gift of creativity to be able to do that.

That’s why muses are important for me. Not because I can’t write without one, and certainly not because I am not inspired by every day life on my own. But because I get some sort of erotic charge out of writing with someone in mind. At one time in my life, I had actually considered putting an advertisement on my website, inviting people to send me their fantasies, and letting me write them for them. I gave that a great deal of thought. And then realized that it wouldn’t be the same.

I like having a connection to the person that’s inspiring me. I’m not talking about being in a formal relationship or being in love or being formally “submissive” to them. But having a connection – friendship based, lust based, whatever. Writing for strangers would never give me that. It just wouldn’t work. I’d much rather prefer to hear from a friend that I’d made his cock hard from something I’d written for him, than to hear that from someone who just wanted some new jack-off material.

And before you ask, yes. I want to hear from people I know if I’ve made their cocks hard, their pussies wet, a fine layer of sweat form on their brow. I thrive on feedback – not only with my writing but in other areas of my life, too. (Contrary to popular belief, some women actually want to hear men moan and groan too you know!)

I’ve finished two pieces of fiction this week, and started a third that I hope to finish sometime tonight. This week has been really no different for me than most others as far as inspiration goes, and I can’t remember one remarkable event or moment that might have spurred me to write more. But when it rains, it pours with me.

And right now, the world couldn’t be more wet *grin

No comments: