Thursday, March 01, 2007

Clothes make the ...

... girl weak in the knees.

I was teasing the Southern Gentleman today about men’s clothing. It got me to re-thinking the whole thing about preferences in this area, though.

I wrote a story several months ago called “The Suit”. The story started off from an idea I had in my head about who and what the Southern Gentleman was (this idea and picture has changed a lot over the last several months but much of that remains), and was about a woman who submits to a man who, while he removes her clothes slowly over several hours, remains completely dressed in a regal suit and tie the entire time. It was a story about perception, and what we believe to be true about people just from their outward appearances, and how we are many times wrong in those assumptions.

Anyway, at the base of it, is the idea that submitting in that way to a man in a suit – the dirtier the submission the better – was something that would keep your mind on edge, because it was unexpected. Also at the base was the power that a well-fitting suit seems to exude.

I wonder then what it is about men dressed in certain articles of clothing affects me the way it does.

A man in a well-fitting suit, especially a black one, will make my heart pound if I find him attractive. The same can be said though for a man in a flannel shirt (especially if he’s wearing one of those thermal undershirts under it – hubba hubba) and a good pair of jeans.

And I’m admitted several times on here to having a definite turn on to a man wearing boots.

And then there’s the whole cowboy thing….

So none of this is fetish for me – because these turn-ons are so varied and different.

And yet each of them have the ability to make me weak in the knees in their own right.

So is it the clothes themselves, or is it our perception of what the clothes stand for, and what we feel we *know about the person from the way they are dressed?

Using the suit as an example, I would perceive at first glance someone dressed in this way as a powerful business man. The power would definitely attract me, but so would the idea that his mind was just as filthy as mine (if I knew it) and that even dressed as immaculately as he was, he could make me beg for him and want every bit of him that I could not see under the suit. Maybe it’s a partial mindfuck.

Then you look at the cowboy. The rope-swinging, horse-wrangling, hat-tipping loner on the range. I don’t think I need to explain why I find that hot *grin.

The flannel shirt and jeans? Casual, and Masculine to the extreme. Same with the boots. I love the way men *smell. I can’t help it.

So maybe it is 90 percent simple perception – and what we believe we know about someone by the clothes they wear.

Yes, I think too much. It’s who I am /smirk.

No comments: