Sunday, June 24, 2007

What a girl goes through ...

Well, it’s official. I’m not a masochist.

I had my eyebrows waxed for the first time today. It’s something I’ve always wanted to do, but put off. My mom had it done not too long ago, and I figured if she could do it, I could. So when I made my appointment last week to get my highlights done again, I made the appointment for that too.

Ouch.

Not as bad as I thought it’d be though, so there is an upside. And the other upside is that they look great. She did that first, then the highlights, then a deep conditioner and style and as almost always, I left the salon this morning feeling fantastic.

I lay there thinking this morning though about how much pain we girls do go through to look good. Shaving, waxing, hair-pulling (not good hair pulling mind you – no, the kind that makes us look good), hair dryer heat, curling iron burns, broken nails, high heels, corsets, piercing, bras that put our cleavage up around our throat…. The list is endless.

Sometimes it’s worth it. Sometimes it isn’t. Looking good is feeling good though for most of us. So we do get something out of the deal /wink

I hope the male population of this planet truly appreciates all the pain we go through /smirk And if you don’t quite understand the depth – c'mere and let me wax your back /grin.

No comments: