Friday, June 01, 2007

All Right.

I've been thinking about what I wrote here : about questioning my "submissive" side, and what place it has in my life right now - today, and how that all works together with everything else I've got going in my life right now.

The bottom line is this: submission *is* sexual for me at this point of my life. That doesn't mean it all has to be done in bedroom (good lord, how boring would that be? lol), but it does mean that even the slightest hint of dominance toward me, and it starts things in motion, sexually.

I'm all right with that.

I know that there are people who will say that d/s should be about more than sex, and that's okay for them. At one point in my life, it was for me too. But it's not right now. Even if the d/s interaction has nothing to do with sex directly, that's what it's going to affect for me. Spank the hell out of me, and don't touch me in an intimate way? It's still sexual. Whisper nasty things to me in public without touching me? Yup, sexual. Tell (don't ask) me to do something (* if you're dominant and I've recognized that consciously that is. That doesn't refer to someone off the street. A girl has to have standards....) and it's going to send a sliver of electricity right down my spine, ending you-know-where.

Again, I'm all right with that.

I don't need some over-evolved sense of higher purpose for what I do. If it makes me happy and gives me a sexual charge, do I need to feel more evolved than vanilla people? No. I just know what I like and what I want.

I'll admit that I even hesitated to post that in the linked post, because of how sexual submissives are 'perceived' by so much of the community, but you know what? Perceive me however you want to. This is what and who I am right now

And I'm all right with that.

Whether you are or not isn't any of my business or concern.

I'm not entirely sure motivation factors into it all that much, anyway. So what if I'm doing this to get off, rather than to 'submit my life' to someone else? Just because the starting place is different, is it all that much different in the end?

I'm not so sure it is. But even IF it is.

I'm all right with that.

No comments: