Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Images

Yea, I took my picture off here. But not forever. Just until I get a new one.

I've had that red sweater picture as an avatar for the last year or more. And while it's a nice picture of me, I need to replace it.

I keep saying every weekend that I'm going to take new ones, and I never seem to get around to it. I made an appointment on Thursday to get my brows waxed and my hair trimmed and straightened, so that's my way of committing to myself that I'm actually going to take some this weekend.

I bought a cheap web cam this week. That's another commitment. Not to cam for anyone but to have it set up so that when the urge strikes me to take a picture, I can do it on the fly. For instance, on my list of blog topics is one about hands - I have great hands - and I want to take a picture of one to use in the blog. Trying to find my camera, check the batteries, turn it on, take it, download it, save it, edit it, upload it...geez that's a lot of messing around. The webcam will cut out some of those steps for me, and I can be free to be much more creative. At least, that's my thought.

When I got all dressed up Saturday night for my cousin's wedding, I actually took the time to do my makeup as well. I don't wear a lot of makeup; most of the time I don't wear any at all. I don't know if it's laziness or antipathy or just a hold-over from not wanting to draw any attention to myself that makes that so, but it is. I forget, until I actually take the time to do it right, that when I do my eyes and my lips, I do look pretty damn cute. I'm hoping new pictures around will remind me of that more often.

I always liked to add a picture to my blog entries. I'd like to do that and be able to use more pictures I take, and less that I take from the internet. It lets me me a little bit exhibitionistic (safely) and a little bit more creative, which is something that drives me.

We'll see how that goes *grin*.

No comments: