Friday, September 11, 2009

Psychic Encounters

I did something today that I haven't done for several years.  I went to see a psychic.

Now, if you don't believe in anything metaphysical, you might want to just skip this whole thing.  I personally have my skepticisms, but there is a lot of it I do put some stock in.

I walked in, listened to her tell me not to speak during the reading (so that I didn't say something that lead her in any direction).   I agreed, handed over my silver and onyx ring for her to use as a connection, cut the tarot cards and sat back for her to read. She asked me twice if I was sure she hadn't read for me before... like she felt like we had.  I did not smile, nod, speak or even make much eye contact during the reading (so that she wasn't led anywhere).

The first things she said to me were these:
  • I am fiercely independent because I have to be.  People depend on me, but I don't really have anyone to depend on.
  • I am aggressive and stubborn.  Coupled with the independence, these are relatively new traits for me, coming into being 3-6 years ago in a major life event.  
  • I am a writer, and very creative, and I need to spend more time focusing on that
  • I am overly sensitive.
  • I am deeply empathic, which leads me to give as much of myself and my resources as I can, but even that has lessened in the last few years, as I grew tired of not receiving enough in return.
  • I am very healthy, but I have a hormonal imbalance and I don't eat very well.
She had me there.

She paused for a few minutes and looked at the cards and started pointing at them.

Work:  I work in a catty environment, but I am well respected and responsible.  At some point, I will be offered a new position (she didn't know if it was at my current company or a new company) that will not be exactly what I want, but it will come with a promise that will be fulfilled, and then I will be very happy.  Also, that she sees me pursuing some sort of education, but she couldn't tell what for - work or recreation.

Finances: Improvement.  I will be signing legal papers in the spring and I should check them very carefully and make any changes that my heart tells me to make before I sign them.

Love: She saw a circular relationship (my ex and I were together 3 times).  She also said that she saw a relationship in which every time I get close, I will get pushed away.  She couldn't tell if perseverance would pay off or not, but that it would be painful finding out.  She also said that she did not see any "white picket fences" for me.

Health: She said she sees 3 surgeries coming up for me and all will be successful.  (I almost fell out of the fucking chair.  Really.  Holy shit.).  She couldn't tell when they would occur, just that they would.

The last thing she said was that she saw a dark cloud near me.  She says I've had it since I was very young, and that it's full of negativity.  And that until I accept myself the way I am, it will remain.

We chatted a bit.  I told her a few of the things she'd said had been right on, and why - mainly the surgeries, and come to find out, she had a lap band surgery last year.  She told me that my chakrahs are out of whack (duh) and to give some thought to having them aligned (not sure what that entails, going to find out). Also, she says that if I do that, she'd like to do a spiritual reading to see if I weren't paying for something that happened to me in a past life (not sure how much of that I believe in, either).  She said she was very curious about it herself, from the reading.  She told me that until I accept myself, I'm going to stay -- stuck.

She actually hugged me before I left.

It was well worth having to drive downtown and try to find parking and walk 3 blocks.  I left feeling good.

I'm going to look into the chakrah thing.  But for now, it renews my faith in things that are far greater than myself, and that above anything else, is what I needed.

No comments: