Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Issues That Turn Corners


One of the things the psychic said about me last Friday was that I have grown aggressive.

And in some areas of my life, she's right.  But in other areas, she's not.

( she looks like she'd be aggressive in bed, doesn't she?  I like that look.  I like to look like that sometimes, too *grin)


As a rule, I am not an aggressive person.  I become aggressive when there is ...

  • something I REALLY want
  • I am cornered
  • I am motivated or,
  • I am frightened.
I'm also sometimes aggressively sexually...but you knew that, if you've been reading here, don't you? *grin

I don't get cornered or frightened very often, and it seems like I'm not all that motivated very often, either.

Which has become an issue, unfortunately. But not all issues are bad.  Sometimes, an issue is an opportunity to push beyond your boundaries, and make things happen. 

About a year ago, I got some not-unexpected news that I had a health issue.  Not a life threatening one, but an annoying one to be sure, and one that if not treated, was not going to go away on it's own.

And it hasn't.

So today, for some reason, I motivated myself to make an appointment.  Luckily, the doctor had a cancellation for tomorrow, so I nabbed it.  It's time to start taking care of things.

I'm hoping this one push forward on this one subject will propel me to handle some other outstanding issues.

Maybe I can fake aggressive until I actually get there.  You know they always say "Fake it until you make it."  Personally, I've always said that faking anything sucks *smirk but maybe in this case it's allowed.

No comments: