Sunday, September 20, 2009

Learning to Walk Again


One byproduct of me having been as overweight as I was, and spending several years with a man who was shorter than I was, and then spending the following 5 years by myself is that I have to re-learn how to walk in real heels again.

I have a pair of 2" pumps, which I find very easy to walk in.

I have a pair of 3" heels but they're a wider heel, not like the heels to the left.  They're black and t-strap and sexy as hell, but they're not spiky-heels.

I have a pair of 4" heel ankle boots that I haven't worn since I lived in California, because they're bright red and frankly not all that appropriate in most situations.

So I ordered myself a pair of 3" skinny heeled pumps to get used to. When I can run in those, I'm going to get a pair of 4", similar to the ones above.

It's a whole different world walking in them now, as opposed to before I lost the weight.  While I'm still not the most graceful swan in the pond, a lot of the balance issues I've had in the past are gone.

As are the self-conscious issues I've always had about my height and wearing heels.  At 5'9", putting on 3" heels makes me 6', and if you add my former weight self-consciousness into that, you get way more than one person can comfortably deal with.  I don't know that I feel that way anymore.  I mean, I was gifted with these incredibly long legs.  Why not show them off rather than hide them in flats?

Instead of them making me self-conscious now, I'm pretty sure they're going to go miles in building self-confidence.

I need feel that way more often.  I certainly feel that way right now.

I'm going to find myself a sweet little pair of shiny black 2" pumps (the ones I have are off-white..ick) to wear to work once in awhile before the ice starts falling from the sky.  I think it would do wonders for my self-confidence.

At the very least, it's going to make my ass look hot in my jeans.

No comments: