Saturday, September 26, 2009

Energy


I poured 60 votive candles today.  I haven't done that, I don't think, since I moved over to Sun Prairie 3 years ago. I've poured tarts and maybe a couple pillars and containers, but no votives. Of all the types, votives are the most time consuming, and take the most precision.  They're awesome, but they're a lot of work.

I'm using up scents from the ADC days (when I had my business).  Some of them were still good, and rather than waste them, I am going to pour them up and put them in my give-away at work, like I did with my soap earlier this year.   There are a couple batches of said soap I intend to do as well soon, but one major project per weekend, please :)

I buy candles (well, before I started making them again), and I do burn them when I think to light them.  I love the flickering light, the scent, the ambiance they create in a room.  They speak to my sensual, romantic side -- which is a side that's always at the surface, but rarely gets to come out and play.  I miss her.  She's a shitload of fun.

All this creative stuff is therapeutic for me. It burns off energy that I build up that I can't burn off in other ways.  I'm lucky that I have ways to do that, and I'm grateful for it.  Writing used to be my biggest outlet, but I don't seem to write as much as I'd like to.  Although, I have blogged a LOT for me this month, and I'm grateful I've been able to do that, too. 

No comments: