Saturday, September 12, 2009

Distractions

Today, this is my distraction.  I'm re-watching Season 2 of Queer as Folk.  I still haven't seen the last season of this series, so I'm re-watching everything up until then before I do that.

I find myself hunting for distractions.  Constantly.  Even at work, I'm doing 2-3 things at once to keep my mind from being idle.

The psychic yesterday told me that my life is full of clutter.  She's right.  And not just at a "I have too much shit just sitting around" kind of way. 

I packed up 4 garbage bags full of clothes and 7 grocery bags full of books today and am taking them to meet my folks tomorrow.  Clothes for the woman's shelter, books for their tiny town library.  Less clutter. Physically, anyway.

I watch too much TV these days, for that distraction.  She also said yesterday, as I wrote last night, that I need to focus on my writing, and I do.  But sitting in the recliner as I am now, typing on the laptop is not the same for me as sitting in my office and actually *writing.  I blog with the TV on.  Right now, I'm watching episode 18 of QaF Season 2.  But it's apparently not distracting enough, so I'm also messing around on Facebook. 

Why?

Because if I stop long enough.... if I let my mind stop.... if I sit with the quiet.....

I will have to think.

And apparently, I do not want to think.

I am going to try it though.  I'm going to try to let the quiet wash over me at some point today.  Because I need to get used to it.  I need to be able to sit at my desk to write without looking for more things to occupy myself with.

But right now, I need to finish my laundry and shower and finish watching this episode and think about dinner and ... and ....

No comments: