Friday, January 26, 2007

Image II...Where's your Sexy?



Have you ever seen a truly beautiful man or woman, and while admiring their beauty, you didn't find yourself immediately sexually attracted to them? Chances are they weren't feeling beautiful or sexy on the inside, which is what makes the outside irresistable.

I know people who've spent years telling themselves they're sexy - and you know what? They are, because they have the confidence to back it up. No, they may not be Adonis or Venus and no, they may not be whatever our country decides is "the ideal height and weight" at this moment, but they exude some kind of fuckable-pheremones from their bodies because they feel it inside.

I said this the other day "I spend too much time looking at pictures of women with impossibly beautiful bodies, and comparing myself to them, instead of comparing myself to what I looked like two years ago. I am a size 12. I am the national average. But women are conditioned to believe that men *need* us to be thin, or they won't find us attractive. And as much as women have fought it over the years, most of us still do feel a great need to be attractive to men."

I had a little shopping trip yesterday that brought a couple things that maybe I wasn't thinking about to the forefront.

Firstly, I love Victoria Secrets bras. Always have. They're well made and sexy and they last forever if you treat them well. Because of this last bit of weightloss, I needed to replace some bras, so off to the mall I went. The salesperson I got was wonderfully helpful and even gave me a fitting (something I haven't done in many years) to make sure I got what I wanted, and what worked for me. She brought me 8 bras to try on, and stood outside the dressing room to answer questions or give opinions where needed. Out of the 8, I liked 5, but picked 3 and gave them to her. She took me to the displays, showed me colors, and then pointed me to matching panties if I was looking for them (I was). By the end of that shopping trip, when I walked out of the store with my big pink bag, I felt incredibly sexy. Sexy enough to stop back through Penney's and buy the long silky red gown and short sexy chemise I saw when I came through the first time. (relating the experience to a friend later only reinforced that for me, too)

I do have that confidence now that I didn't have before. It ebbs and flows sometimes, but typically it's right there where it was yesterday. To the point where - hell yes, I'm dead sexy as a size 12 and will be even sexier at a size 10 (the end goal I think), so look the hell out, here I come.

And if I run across someone who's sexy comes from what his eyes see only? Well, it'll give me something to laugh about later, won't it?

Sexy is in the eye of the beholder, and it's all in *your* mind. It's the way you stand, the way you speak (and yes, voices can be incredibly sexy), the way you meet the eyes of the person you're speaking to. Sexy is not all about dress size. It's about your confidence-size, too.

No comments: