Friday, January 05, 2007

BDSM Checklist

Anyone who's read about BDSM online a bit has seen "the Checklist". It's been around in various forms for as long as I've been on the 'net. For years, I've seen links and just skated on past it, having filled out more than a few of them in my time.

A friend of mine, who is what I'd call a blossoming Dominant and I went through the list together over the last few days - one line at a time. Anything he didn't understand, I explained. Anything he was curious about, we discussed. It was actually quite a lot of fun. I actually may have even pulled some inspiration from it to work on some fiction - which I desperately needed.

If you haven't review the list yourself for quite awhile, you might want to take a look (Search Google for BDSM Checklist. You'll find plenty.)

I guess perhaps it's as they say -- good to go back and review, rather you think you need to or not. And doing it with someone else gives you the opportunity to get a new view of something that perhaps you weren't interested in.

No comments: