Friday, July 20, 2007

Worry Less, Breathe More

I'll admit it. I have a bit of new-age-ness in me. Maybe more than a bit.

I have a desk calendar - you know, one of those with a new page for every day. It has motivational quotes on it. I got it in December, when motivational quotes were just what I needed. And typically they still are :)

Yesterday's quote hit me up 'long side the head though. And went up against some of the demons I've been wrestling with this week (and no, the demons aren't cute and no, they aren't naked either)

"We would worry less about what others think of us if we realized how seldom they do." Ethel Barrett, writer.

I smiled when I read that. Off and on all day. And yesterday was an excellent day, partially because of that, but also because:

- I got my shiny new insurance card
- The scale deemed me worthy to slip down another pound.
- The size 10 jeans that I ordered fit perfectly (ok, so I haven't' washed them yet but...)
- And my 401K made money last quarter.

All in all, a good day.
Here's to hoping for another one.

No comments: