Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Sniff.

In my teens and twenties, I rarely left the house without some blush and mascara on. As I grew older, makeup became much less of a priority for me, to the point where now, I rarely wear any at all, unless it's a special occasion.

Perfume was much the same way, but I've typically worn it more often than makeup, just because I'm a bit of a smell-ophile (I always have air fresheners or candles burning or oil warming in the house while I'm home. That was why I started my candle business way back -- I found I spent way too much on them)

I've worn Christian Dior's Poison (the original purple bottle) exclusively for many years - maybe 10 or so. It's absolutely one of my favorite scents. A bit musky, a bit oriental. But before that, I wore Ciara, which is also a bit musky, but completely different.

Today, while I was at Walgreen's, I bought a new bottle of Ciara. Small one. I'm going to try it again and see if I still like it. Maybe it's time for a change there, too. Maybe it'll help me break out of the old me and into the new one.

But I'm not throwing out my Poison. Oh, no. I still like it the best, and intend to wear it still. Just maybe not every time.

As in every part of life, changing things up makes life interesting. A change in a small thing can lead to a change of perspective.

And it's always good to see a new perspective *grin*

No comments: