Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Self-imposed

I’ve written very little since I came back from the east coast last week. Typically, I’d say it was because of work, or because it was too hot in my duplex (both of which are true to a point) but there was something else at work this time. Something self-imposed and not very pleasing to the self it was imposed upon.

I can’t even say the exact reason for the imposition, except to say that it was because of a gentleman I was dating, and his enjoyment of this blog. I didn’t stop on purpose; I just got careful.

And I dislike my reasoning for that, noble or kind as it may have been in thought; in deed it was censoring myself and I dislike the idea that I did that.

All in all, though, the whole thing wasn’t a total loss. I got my feet wet, and had some choices put in front of me that forced me to take another hard long look at what I really want and need from a relationship – whether it’s a d/s relationship, or a relationship with d/s overtones – and while I still don’t know for sure, at least it all got brought up into my face so to speak, and demanded that I take a look.

And you know me. I don’t shy away from the thinking thing. Good, bad or indifferent, it seems to be something I’m relatively good at.

Everyone has a strong suit, right?

Anyway. It’s time to attack the growing blog list again.

Now if only work would settle down and the weather would cooperate…..

No comments: