Friday, May 09, 2008

Recovery Times

Ideas of things to write about come to me at the weirdest times. Ideas of things to write about come at inopportune times. But occasionally, an idea will come to me when I can’t exactly write about it, but in the moment, I can decide exactly what I want to say.

It occurred to me the other night, after I rolled over immediately after my self-inflicted before-bed orgasm was finished, that solo orgasms are different than orgasms given to you, or shared with another person.

Now, obviously, that’s true. But all of the mental and emotional stuff isn’t what I was thinking of. I was thinking of the fact that when I have an orgasm with another person it – meaning from the peak to the full recovery – last a LOT longer than the ones I have at home alone.

When I go to bed at night, almost every night, after I’ve read for awhile and shut the light off, I have a quickie with the vibrator I keep under my bed. I’m guessing on average, 30 seconds after I peak, I’ve already rolled over and closed my eyes. I don’t think I’ve ever recovered that quickly when playing with another person.

There are sometimes when it takes a little longer for me to roll over. Sometimes, if the fantasy I’m rocking around in my head is more ‘real’ to me, I’ll drag it out longer. Sometimes, if it’s more about actual sex and less about stress-relief/sleep-assistance, I’ll take a little more time. But on average, I don’t do that.

That’s a shame, really. But in the real world, where I don’t have a regular sexual partner and most of my orgasms *are self-induced, things are what they are. There are, of course, other times besides right before bed that I masturbate. And at those times, especially if I do it in my chair at my desk or my chair in the living room, it’s usually with a specific thought in mind and I will take a bit more time and enjoy the afterglow. But even then, it’s different than the intensity and the duration of a good hard orgasm with a partner.

I’m not sure if it’s the aura of sexual chemistry that surrounds an orgasm shared with a partner, or the fact that as a female, I never know if it’s the last one when I’m with someone else (can he wring one more out of me? Can he? Yum I hope so). I don’t get either of those when I’m lying in my bed with my electronic assistance. I get “I need to cum because ….” And then I make it happen.

Oh I’m not trying to make it sound sad. It’s not. I am mostly without a partner very consciously. I’d say by choice but I don’t believe choice is the right word. But consciously is. I could have multiple lovers of a local variety if I wasn’t picky or if I was willing to forgo some standards, but I’m not. So while I’d like to have someone local – I make my choices very consciously. So there’s nothing sad about a quickie orgasm before I roll over and go to sleep.

I just the think the physical differences are interesting, that’s all. Course, there are also physical differences between having an orgasm with something inside of me, and nothing inside of me, but that’s a different story for a different time /wink.

No comments: