Monday, March 31, 2008

Appropriate?

The wedding was great fun :) I'm glad that I went, and I even managed to keep from punching my sister out by keeping my back to her the entire time.

Apparently, cream/vanilla/beige are my colors. Everyone commented on my outfit at the wedding Saturday night and said that those colors looked wondeful on me.

How boring is THAT?

I picked the outfit because it was "family appropriate" and "wedding appropriate". There was nothing wrong with it, per se. It was a high-necked sweater with seed pearls sewn on the collar and cuffs, and a just-past-the-knee length linen skirt, and off-white heels. It was approrpriate for the wedding, and would be appropriate for a work function, or a social event that required better than jeans. All in all, it was fine.

But typically, I wear a lot of red, black, white, purple. Beige is... well, beige or off-white are just not in my wardrobe much. I don't wear a lot of dresses or heels. Not because I don't like them, but because I don't have them, or have need to buy them.

I actually bought 2 skirts. The grey-heather one I *really liked didn't feel as appropriate for the wedding, as it was a little shorter. But I'm glad I bought it. I will wear it somewhere and I bought a sweet pair of patent leather t-strap heels to go with it. The grey one is just more - me. It has some black pattern around the bottom of it and it's just more something that I would wear. I'll put a red sweater or blouse with it sometime and actually wear it.

Several years ago, M. bought me a leather trench coat in California. Vented, back-split, lined; it was - and is - a gorgeous coat - a sexy coat. When it got to be too big for me, I gave it to my mom, because she loves it, too. I don't own a long coat anymore, so I had asked her to bring it this weekend so I could wear it over my dress. I can wrap the sides of that coat around to my back now, it's so huge on me. But it did remind me why I loved that coat. And I see a new one in my future very soon. And hey, it's brown, same family as the vanilla/creme/beige, right? right? :)

There were two highlights of the night for me. One was getting to spend some time with my cousin and his wife, both of which I just adore. The other was the jaw-dropped looks on some people's faces who haven't seen me since I had the surgery. Priceless, I tell you.

In addition to that, I got to enjoy myself as a single woman at a function like this. I flirted, danced, had a good time being myself. Brought home a phone number but probably won't call it (shame he's not my type at all), and all in all enjoyed the day.

I also enjoyed the 7 hours over 2 days in the car, because I now have a full list of topics to blog again :)

No comments: