Sunday, February 18, 2007

Percentiles

So, what percent vanilla are *you*?

This question was posed on a message board I read, and I really had to stop and think about it for a minute.

In reality, most of my life is vanilla. I have a vanilla job, vanilla family, vanilla friends. Despite the fact that I live, breath and sleep sex -- only a small portion of my time (on a typical day - lately my days have not been typical *wink*) are spent actually doing anything that pertains to sex in general. Even less that pertains to BDSM (*sigh*)

If we're talking in generalities, most of my life is vanilla.
If we're talking about sex, be it writing, reading, thinking, talking - I'd say probably a portion of my life is vanilla.
If we're talking about desires, it's some vanilla but mostly kink.

Now see, you kinda have to define vanilla here, too. But for me, vanilla means mostly that there's no kink involved at all. Kink is a huge range. Kink is anything (for me) from anal sex to age play to BDSM.

I'm a girl who enjoys a variety of kinks, and while being dominated is mostly certainly one of my basest and most prevalent desires and kinks, it's not the only one I have. "There is more to me than this."

So I guess I can't really answer the question (and didn't). But it's interesting to think about.

No comments: