Saturday, February 24, 2007

Eggshells

I don't like it when people walk on eggshells with me. And I don't like having to do it with other people, either. It makes me extremely uncomfortable from either side.

What starts out as being a protective thing usually ends up feeling more like a fear thing. "Oh, I can't say that, it'll upset them." Which results in trying to come up with something *to* say, which is forced and un-natural and makes me feel awful.

This is especially uncomfortable for me when dealing with someone I am submissive to, or I feel submissive to sometimes, or have been submissive to in the past. It feels dishonest, even though at the start of it, I'm trying to do something protective. I guess one has to weigh the warrant of it against the desire to be honest and open. And sometimes it is warranted. But even then, it's not something that makes me comfortable.

===
In other news, I got an email on alt today from someone who wanted to wash my hair and brush it for me. Considering some of the other ones I've gotten recently, it was pretty mild but for some reason it made me giggle.

No comments: