Monday, October 26, 2009

Wisdom in Unsuspecting Places


I'll admit it.

I Facebook.  (And, I use facebook as a verb, too! I'm such a rebel).

It's a great way to re-connect with people from your past and to keep up with people in your now.  There are games and quizzes and all kinds of stuff to keep you occupied and fill time that you should be doing other things in, but you feel like wasting time.

One of my favorite little applications is called "Pieces of Flair". Flair, reminiscent of Office Space (one of the best movies ever), are those little buttons that people always seem to have lying around.  It's fun, because people upload their own stuff, so you get quite a selection.  I have a great time hitting it up every day.

I found one today that struck me as the perfect sentiment for me today:

No Girl Should Ever Forget The She Doesn't Need Anyone Who Doesn't Need Her.

That's right.  No girl should ever forget that.  But mostly, we do.

And then something comes along to remind us.  And we hit our "cancel" button on things that don't work for us, and we move onto things that do.

No comments: