Saturday, October 24, 2009

Something Odd


In the last 2 weeks, I've worn three pink shirts.

To a normal person of the female persuasion, that's not odd.

To me it is.  I have almost always had an aversion to the color pink.  I didn't like it.  I didn't want to wear it.  I didn't want anything to do with it.  I had physical reactions of a bad kind to it.

That seems to have changed......

As I was getting ready to take off from Madison to Philly last Friday, I realized that I did not pack a sweatshirt.  This time of year, knowing I would be spending time outside and it was cold there, that was a mistake on my part.  So I walked into one of those "news/gift" stores they have in every airport. 

They certainly had sweatshirts.  Nice hooded ones with the little pocket in the front that my cold hands love.  I had a choice between Navy Blue, Pink and Yellow.  And I picked the pink. (I also picked the wrong size and the the thing is HUGE on me, so it's going back to Philly, to a certain college student I know who will love it).  As I was buying it, I was asking myself why, but buy it, I did.  And when I got to Philly, at one of those same kinds of shops, I saw a lighter pink one that said "Philadelphia" on it.  I laughed about buying it on the way home.

And then I did buy it on the way home.

I'm not displeased by this change of events.  On the contrary, I am a little fascinated by it.  Things change.  And I personally do not see how this is a bad thing.  I mean, c'mon.  Pink is just light red, right?  And you know how I feel about red .....This is not a new obsession by any means.... but it is opening my mind to new things a little....

I don't want to analyze it too much.  I don't want to try and pick it apart.  But I think it's worth noting.

I came across the picture above the other day.  Maybe that'll be my next pink purchase.... I think I could fill that bra out nicely ....

No comments: