Saturday, June 06, 2009

Sometimes, Different is just different.


A couple of months ago, I finally caved to societal progress and bought a new toy. You know, one of those rabbit thingies.

To be honest, I wasn't sure I wanted one. I'm pretty happy with my old school Hitachi Magic Wand . It has served me well for nearly ten years and alone, or combined with other toys, it's always done the job, and done it quickly.

The Rabbit is also quick. The Rabbit also does it's job quickly. But let me tell you -- it's a whole different kind of orgasm. It has not replaced the Hiatchi, and never would, but it certainly has gotten used more than a couple of times *grin

(This is not a product review or an endorsement. Don't go buy one of these because I did. I speak only for myself).

I've said for years that there are as many different kinds of orgasms as there are ways to have orgasms. I don't know if that's the same for men or not. I guess I'll have to take a poll on that later *smirk. Orgasms (mine) are different when there is clitoral stimulation along with having something inside me, when it's just my clit being played with (and even this is different because there is direct and indirect stimulation and they are different..), or when you throw in anal stimulation as well. They are all different, and they feel different. Even time to time they can feel different.

I think that's the body's way of never letting us get bored *grin

Most of the time that I play here alone, I play upstairs. I do have a few toys downstairs but unless there is specific inspiration, I usually just go upstairs to my bedroom.

On the way to work the other day (I so rarely listen to the radio, but they caught my ear...) the token female that plays off the two obnoxious men (aren't ALL radio stations like that in the morning?) was talking about her masturbation habits (in radio language, of course). She said that when she gets the urge to "take care of business", she goes up to her room, pulls out the vibrator, and 45 seconds later, she's up and on her way. I kind of giggled at her, and gave her an unseen thumbs up, because sometimes, that's exactly the way I am, too. It's not about sex as much as it's about releasing the pent up sexual frustration.

I'm not always that way though. Sometimes I play slow, pulling out more than one toy and take my time through 2 or 3 orgasms. I wish I did that more. I consider that a treat, and I'm not sure I should... I don't think giving myself what I need should be a treat.

Those quickie orgasms with the Hitachi have their place, and typically it's right before I go to sleep. I almost always sleep better after having one. On those nights when I can't sleep, I might have two or even three of them, trying to get my body to let go.

But those orgasms are completely different from the ones I have with a rabbit, or the ones that I have with a partner. If I had to put terms to it, I'd say that quick ones at night were 'well being' orgasms, whereas the others are pure pleasure.

Different, but not good different or bad different. Just different.

So yes. I give the rabbit a thumbs up. Well worth the investment. Just make sure you have spare batteries *grin*

No comments: