Monday, April 09, 2007

My Tree



I moved to Wisconisin two and a half years ago. My folks live about 125 miles from me (now, before I moved in October, it was an even 100 miles), and I always take the same route to go see them.

I'd say in the past 2.5 years, I've passed this tree about 50 or so times.

I never fail to see it, and it never fails to make me smile. No matter what season, no matter if it's day or night. I always see it, and I always smile.

Driving there on Saturday for the weekend, I finally slowed down enough to snap a crappy picture of it out of my windshield with my phone.

I have no idea why I like this tree so much. It's very close to the road and it's all alone out there. But I just know I really really like this tree.

I get the same feeling about 20 miles east of Butte Montana on the interstate. I've only passed that way about 8 times, but it's the same feeling.

I'm not a tree-hugger nature freak, and never have been. But I guess it goes to show that something completely innocuous can affect us in different ways.

No comments: