Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Freak!

Ever notice that a significant amount of submissives are control freaks?

Yes, I am one, too about a lot of things in my life. My home, my finances, and most recently my diet.

What makes a control freak a good submissive?

We're damn tired of being in control of everything, and we're typically ready to give it up at the drop of a hat. At least, control over some things....

I know that there are a lot of dominants that are control freaks, too. And in most cases, it makes them studious and demanding Masters. But it occurs to me that many of them aren't as well. And those that consider themselves mostly sexually dominant aren't typically in the control-freak group.

(I should note here, and it should be obvious, that I do not consider control-freak to be a negative term, unless it's obviously risen to a pathological level of freakiness)

(I should also note that I do not consider a sexually dominant man to be less than a dominant man who exerts control outside the bedroom. Different, not equal, but not better or worse)

As a matter of fact, it's been my experience that most sexually dominant men (meaning those men who's dominance almost always revolves around sex, and very rarely makes an appearance outside of that area) are more likely to be neutral or even submissive outside of sexual interaction. They are "nice". They treat people with respect generally and are mostly polite and congenial. They may even be taken for a submissive male at first glance, because they don't wear a commanding aura of dominance on their sleeve. It's about taking control when *they want it, not when someone else wants it, or someone else things they *should take it. This is a bad match for someone who needs more than that. But for someone who's really only interested in being controlled in certain aspects of their life, it's a perfect fit.

For me, being in control of my health, finances and my diet are of utmost importance to me right now. Being so focused on some of those things is exhausting. So I'd be more than willing to give up control of some other parts of my life for periods of time, if for no other reason than to stop thinking about them so hard. That allows me to retain my freakiness and still get my need to submit fulfilled.

It's no secret that I over think everything. But when you're trying to decide what you really want in your life, it's nearly mandatory to do so. And as I sift through emails from the message boards I frequent, from prospective dominants, it's nice to be able to say - "that's not for me" and be done with it, instead of having to wade through the minutiae every time.

No comments: