Saturday, July 03, 2010

The Real L Word

I heard about this series when it was still in production, and I got excited about it.  I was such a huge fan of The L Word, and the same producers are handling this series.

The Real L Word is about a group of real lesbians in LA.  I've seen the first episode, and enjoyed it very much.

One particular line from the first episode hit me hard enough to write it down:

"Lust is easy for me.  Love is hard."

That's sorta true for me.  Except that lust isn't always easy, either.

I don't typically lust easily.  Oh, I did when I was younger.  But the last several years it's taken more than a nice ass and sexy eyes to get me excited about getting naked with someone.  I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing, either.  It has bothered me some over the last couple of years, especially when I've been longing for some real male attention.  I do sometimes wish I could skip that part.  Would make things easier.  Maybe.

But love? Yes.  Love is hard.

That didn't used to be hard either.  I used to fall in love relatively easily.  And once I had, I put 110% into making a relationship work. 

Now, I question if I can still do that.  Or if I want to do that.  Or even if I should do that.

I'd like to have that. But I don't seem to be putting much effort into finding it.  Or letting it find me.


"Lust is easy for me.  Love is hard."

"Nothing in life worth having is easy."


Lust is definitely worth having.

No comments: