Monday, August 31, 2009

Maybe I'm tired


Maybe I'm tired of watching life from my window.

Maybe I get tired of being a good girl.

Maybe I get tired of doing the right thing all the time.

Maybe I get tired of being strong and smart.

Maybe I'm tired of being in control all the time.

Maybe I'm tired of doing exactly what is expected of me.

Maybe I get tired of being Little Miss Independent...Little Miss I - Don't - Need - Anything.

Maybe I'm tired of accepting the status quo.

Maybe I'm tired of being tired of all of this stuff.

Maybe I get tired of being the person who props everyone else up. Maybe I need to be propped up.

Maybe I'm tired of being the one who blends in; doesn't cause trouble; doesn't stir things up too much. Maybe for once I want to be the center of attention; the one who gets fallen for; the one someone pines for, misses, wants more than 'just until something better comes along'.

Maybe.

The question is, then.... am I prepared to do something about it. Some of these, I can change. Some of them are so deeply ingrained in me, I'm not sure they can change. And some of them, frankly, I have no control over. I'll get into those later.

No comments: