Saturday, August 29, 2009

Mythical or Magical?



(If your cable company has Music Choice available, and you're like me and like 80's metal, check out "Retro Rock". Since I'm not at my desk, this is my only option for music, and it rocks.)

I mentioned awhile back that I bought a new vibrator -- a rabbit. I've had a lot of toys over the years, and enjoyed them all in one way or another, but this one is different.

As I've said, I've read a lot of sex books. Some good, some not so good, some just downright hilarious. When I re-read "Everything You Wanted To Know About Sex" again recently, I had to laugh when the author was still doubting the existence of the g-spot.

Trust me, it's there.

And the rabbit is built to make the most of it.

There are two basic ways that women orgasm: Clitoral stimulation or g-spot stimulation. (*note* Yes, there are a few other ways, like nipple play or mind-play but at least for me, these orgasms are different than what I consider a good solid orgasm. Not better or worse, but definitely different.) When I orgasm from penetration, if there is not a lot of grinding involved, typically it's because my g-spot is getting some serious attention. In missionary, or me on top, the clitoral contact makes it happen for the most part. From behind? That's almost all g-spot, baby (there is some clit hitting going on, from the lips sliding back and forth, don't get me wrong. But it's not a heavy amount). There isn't enough clitoral contact for me to cum that way, but if the man is built right, and he has at least some clue on how to move, he's hitting my g-spot every time his cock slides past it.

I'm not sure that 5 years ago I would have said that. As a matter of fact, I know I wouldn't have. I could probably, if I were so inclined to do so, count the number of orgasms I'd had from doggy-style sex on one hand before then. But that's not my partner's fault entirely. It's mine, too. Because I didn't understand how to interpret those signals from my brain at the time. You know the ones. They say "Man, that feels good but why?"

See, the thing is, that much like love, you can't fucking logic everything (yes, I used logic as a verb, sue me.). Over the last ten years, I would say, I started to learn how to stop interpreting signals and just let them wash over me. I wish that was something that came naturally to everyone, but it doesn't. People would get so much more out of sex if they could shut their brains off during it. I still don't always do that. But I certainly do *more* of it.

Just don't doubt the existence of that little pleasure palace called the g-spot. Dr. Reuben may disagree, but he's wrong. He's obviously never been in the room when I came from being fucked from behind. Poor guy. *smirk*

No comments: