Monday, June 30, 2008

Time away

It's been a really weird couple of weeks. Good and bad and everything in between. I've been trying (with a little success) to work on a fantasy novel. I've been working out 5-7 days a week and watching every calorie and I've been rewarded with some weight loss (YAY). I found out that I need to have some non-optional surgery that isn't the kind of surgery that I expected would be my next time under the knife. (It's not life threatening but it needs to be taken care of). And I had to tell one of my very best friends that no - I would not sleep with him while he was married.

So yea. Good and bad.

I'm struggling with the writing some. Not because I don't want to write it. But because for me, it's a new venue and I'm not nearly as confident in my talent as I am with writing erotica.

So why don't I write an erotic novel?

Trust me, I've considered that, and honestly, I'd love to. I just haven't hit upon a story idea yet that lends itself to longer than a short story.

I have the opposite problem with fantasy. Every idea I get there is a novel, not a short story.

Nothing honestly would make me happier than to combine the two styles into one. And I have seriously considered that. But again, I haven't quite hit on a story idea that works for a longer piece. Or a shorter piece.

In erotica, character development is limited. In fantasy, it's mandatory. I think mainly that's where my struggle is. But I'm trying work through it.

I also signed up at Become An Ex, and am really trying to work my way through the programs and the questions. I'm doing so well with the diet and exercise that yes - I am afraid to upset the apple cart so to speak. But it's on my mind.

I don't have any plans for the weekend. That's on purpose. I want to try and get all of my chores done on Friday so that I can concentrate on writing at least 6 hours a day on the rest of the weekend. We'll see how that goes.

I have a couple topics I want to write on this week. I'm really going to have to focus a little on something other than my calories and the exercise bike.

We'll see how I do *grin

No comments: