Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Disruptions

So, yea.

2 days of record rainfall on Saturday and Sunday do not make me a happy girl.

I was sitting in my recliner Saturday night, enjoying some quiet time and actually working steadily on my plotline and my characters for the fantasy novel I've started to work on. I was very happy with the progress I'd made, and then I stood up to go up to bed.

And my feet got wet.

Apparently, the stairwell that's attached to the door in my downstairs living room does not drain when inch upon inch upon inch of water are dumped into it. So it decided, of it's own volition, to start creeping under my door. It soaked about a quarter of the room. Disgusted, I went and gathered my towels (from when this happened in my office) and a fan, and covered it and started the fan. I was unhappy when I went to bed, but I figured I could fix that one area.

So Sunday, I played some Warcraft and then went to get my hair highlighted and trimmed up. I love the woman who cuts my hair. She makes me look amazing. So I was in a super mood ...

... until I got to my car and started to drive home, into one of the blackest skies I'd ever seen.

I hoped for the best. I got back on my desktop (since I had to move all the furniture around in the living room to dry it up) and played a bit more. Around 9 pm, I got up to go fill up my water glass and ....

Yup. More wet carpet. Creeping through the living room, right into my office.

I was angry then. I made several calls to my landlords over the weekend and left messages, and finally got a call back. They're out of town (of course they are), but will be back Monday and come right over to check it out.

In the meantime, the smell was atrocious. The carpet was soaked. The cats were freaked out. I went to bed still pissed off.

Yesterday, I left work at noon and came home to await the landlords. The wet carpet was gone by 6pm and now the concrete that was under it is STILL drying. So I'm stuck upstairs with the laptop and the small TV and surrounded by all of the stuff from my office and the living room that I could move.

Life, disrupted.

It could have been worse. So I'm thankful it wasn't.

But until I can completely obliterate that smell, I'll be agitated.

I've kept working on plot and characters while I'm stuck up here in Small TV Land and hope the floors downstairs dry soon and I can wrestle the smell outta my house.

Send Febreeze......

No comments: