Thursday, April 17, 2003

Last night, I wanted to really relax. I needed to. Flipping through our digital music channels, I found a “Soundscape” channel that plays mostly New Age music and that did the trick. I meditated for awhile, read my runes, and drifted around for awhile. It was pleasant and peaceful and wonderful.

Meditating always brings things to a clearer view for me. I so recommend that for people. It’s hard, at first, to be able to let go and find your relaxed state, but once you’ve done it once, it gets easier and easier. It gives me perspective.

C and I have our whole lives together. Living in the day to day world, those minutes, hours and days we spend apart seem so important, but when you put it into perspective, they’re almost meaningless. Yes, the time we get to spend together is important, but missing a day here or there is not going to alter the way we feel about each other or the dynamic we have. I think above all, maybe it’s teaching us some patience lessons we both need to learn.

Dr. Atkins died. Evidently, he was in an accident and a coma. I’ve done the Atkin’s Diet several times through my life. It works well for me, but is so restricting that even after doing it for a year or more, I always crave potatoes and bread. I can live without the refined sugar, but I miss starches. When C goes on his six-monther, I think I’m going back on it for awhile. At least to get the first part of the weight off. It works well, and fast for me. I hate that I have a closet full of clothes that I can’t wear. I’ve been watching myself a lot lately, and not eating much crap, but I know that that’s not enough. I need to do more.

No comments: