Wednesday, April 16, 2003

I had to take C to base this morning before 6am. I got up way too early. But it’s the price I pay if I want a car for the next 2 days while he’s on the boat. He’s got a cold, too, and feels like shit. If it ain’t one thing around here, it’ll just be something else.

I know I seem to complain a lot. But let me make something clear. All it is is venting. I love my husband. I knew when I married him what he was – who he was – and that the Navy was priority one, at least for the next several years. I knew we’d have separations and I knew he’d be working shit hours for shit money. I don’t have to like what happens, but I do have to take responsibility for placing myself in this situation – and if I had to do it over again, I’d do the same thing. C and I are – (and he dislikes this word I think) – soul-mates – destiny – what have you. We were together three times before we finally got it right (third times a charm, eh?) and I know that I’m supposed to be with him. Maybe the universe is testing our resolve. I dunno. But I do know that he’s the one I wanna be with.

I don’t have everything I want. I don’t think anyone does. I accept that some of my needs fall on the back burner sometimes. So do his. We’re not martyrs, as he reminds me, but we are adults and we did accept this lifestyle we’re living. We have to try to find ways to creatively make sure our needs get met. It’s an experiment in time management – heh.

No comments: