Monday, April 14, 2003

I just got done doing my taxes. I feel like I’m having a panic attack. It was much more than I expected and while I have the money in the bank to pay them, it’s about all I have, so I now have to either go back to work, or apply for unemployment. Ick. I guess I’ll look for a job and apply for unemployment while I’m looking. We’re not broke, but we’re not rolling in it, either. I just updated my resume. The idea of going back to programming does not excite me at all. I burnt myself out on it – again – and would love to find a new line of work, but besides writing, there isn’t anything else I enjoy doing that would pay enough.

…pause

un-pause…

Went to the store to get cat food, soda and cigarettes. Essentials in this house. Diet Pepsi is life, and life is Diet Pepsi. Coffee, too. And pretzels. Low fat/no fat food. Must lose weight. Must feel better about self-image. Must not add being fat to the list of depressive subjects recently.

Must cheer up.

No comments: