Friday, September 05, 2003

Reading Material



I didn't feel like playing EQ tonight. I don't really feel like watching TV. So as soon as I finish this post(s), I'm going back to my self-image studies.

While cruising around the internet tonight (actually looking at other bloggers on the 100 bloggers project ), I found a couple of interesting websites, and pulled a couple of thought-provoking quotes off them, which I've also sent to C. to peruse.

From The Internal Enslavement FAQ

begin quote

"The Enslavement Hypothesis is that there are submissives who have an overwhelming need to be possessed by a dominant. Given the right environment, the submissive can be coaxed out from behind the protective walls she has built during her life and made to expose all of her Self to her Master. Among other things this requires that he creates an environment which is emotionally safe and in which her underlying character will be accepted, probably for the first time in her life. During this process, the bond between the submissive and her Master becomes sufficiently strong that she can no longer break it herself, and she has then been enslaved."
end quote


This took me somewhere. Somewhere cold (it was January, and it was Nebraska, for gawd's sakes), somewhere exciting (it was the first time I met C. face to face), somewhere scary (well, duh.). As we sat there that night, on the bed of a Motel6 room, eating Little Ceaser's (little seizures - heh) pizza, he told me that he was looking for a slave. At the time, the whole concept of "slave" alarmed me. Who, me? The President of our local NOW Chapter? The Feminist? A slave? HA! Laughable! Never happen. (Keep in mind, it was 1995)

This quote though... I think this is what he meant. This definition - and the definition I had in my head - are so far apart I can't even begin to put them together.

But if this is what he meant...shit.

META note: I did some work on the comment section tonight, so the comments you post will be attributed to the proper post now.

No comments: