Monday, September 08, 2003

Back to the Self-Image thing for a minute

Okay, so the last several days, I’ve spent a great deal of time writing about ds. If you’re thinking I’ve abandoned my self-image work, I haven’t. I’ve just been cautiously (and probably subconsciously) diverting myself from that focus, to let some of what I’ve learned, and am reading, sink in.

I’m reading the book Learning Curves by Michele Weston. There is no “cure-all” for bad self-image, but Michele is doing a pretty good job in getting me to recognize some things. I’ve read, and now re-read the chapter on acceptance. It’s difficult to read. And even more difficult to do. But I’m going to keep reading it and meditating on it until I get at least a hint that something is changing.

The one common theme between this book, and the other one I’ve been reading Well Rounded , is that it’s impossible to be completely happy if you continue to put your life on hold until “I’ve lost the weight”. I’ve spent my whole life doing that off and on. So I’m working on that little piece of information, as I shuffle through all my ds thoughts.

Much more – on both fronts – to come.

No comments: