Sunday, May 31, 2009

And another thing....

There was another thing that came out of the conversation mentioned in the previous post. I was talking about how I think my in-your-face sexuality has impacted my past relationships, and as I was typing, it occurred to me that there may be yet another side effect.

Can being the "sexy" girl or the "fun girl" preclude me being THE girl? Does it keep me from being taken seriously as someone to have an important relationship with? Do people get to know me "as the chick who loves sex" and then stop looking any deeper? Fun for awhile but not for a long term thing? Is it perceived, since it's so up front with me, that that's all I am or all I want?

I'm pretty sure that it's not. But it did cross my mind and it definitely was worth exploring for a short time.

I think I'm done, though. I would never speak ill of being called fun or sexy. These are traits I am happy to wear the title of. And if someone looks at me, and all they see is sex, then it's their eyes that need adjusted, not my sexy, fun attitude ~

And just to prove my point, here's a gratuitous, pointless but sexy and fun picture

This is just how I roll.

No comments: