Tuesday, March 25, 2003

The title of this blogger is "Words". Words are very important to me. I'm a writer. I'm a voracious reader. I'm a mouthy bitch (gee, have I said that before? lol). A person's actions tell you a great deal about them, but it's their words, and the way they use them, and their inflection that give me the best feelings for how they believe. I know, that's opposite of most people, but again, I'm a Word whore.

Sometimes, I have difficulty putting my emotions into the correct words, so that they convey the meaning I want them to - the way I really feel about something. I see emotions in colors sometimes - and sometimes the shades do not have words that fit. I guess other people do that, too, but I have a hard time cutting them any slack for it - HA - course, I don't cut myself any slack for it, either.

There are words that, when said in the proper context and proper inflection, have a significant impact on me. Someone on the street calls me a slut, I'll poke their eye out, but if C does it, it's a term of endearment *Chuckle*. If my boss calls me a "good girl" I want to punch him, but when C. does it, it evokes a feeling of pride that's dark purple in color and I can't find words for it. That kind of stuff fascinates me. The power of words.

Speaking of which, I guess I'm fulfilling that "write every day" thing - at least so far. Progress, however slight, is progress nonetheless.

No comments: