Wednesday, March 26, 2003

There are two other issues that go along with this whole punishment/spanking discussion, neither of which I’ve really touched on yet. Let me do that now, at least in a general sense.

First of all, my husband has a very offbeat sense of humor. So do I. That’s why we get along so well. During our time together Saturday night, whilst he was trying out his new toy, he was using his funny voices and scolding me for things that were just – weird. I was laughing – he’d use a funny voice to tell me to STOP laughing, which would make me laugh harder, so then he’d hit me harder. Vicious little cycle. Hell of a lot of fun.

I guess that’s what you’d call play punishment. Another “huge freakin’ deal” with some of the d/s community.

“oooo…you can’t do that. That’s not d/s. That’s role playing. You must not be a real submissive!” speaks some of the community.

“Bite me.” Speaks me, to them.

You know what, I don’t know why C. likes to do it that way. And frankly, I don’t think it matters all that much. He enjoys it, which is the whole point, right? Do I care if he does it so he has an mostly-made-up excuse to blister my ass? No. Would he or I enjoy it just as much if he just spanked me, without the added humor and dialogue? I can’t answer for him. Shit, I can’t answer for me, either. Another thing to think about. I’ll come back to that.

But my point was – it’s just another one of those fucked up things that “The Community” (I have a certain amount of disdain for that – more on that at another time) points it finger at you, if you do it, and says “That’s not d/s!” Feh. There are a ton of those things. And the older I get, the less patience I have for the people who spew them.

Don’t even get me started on SSC (Safe, Sane and Consensual)…

Okay – rant done. I did have a point in there, though. Ha, ha. There is play punishment (for us) and there is real punishment (for us) and provided we keep them separated by either tones of voice or implements used, there is no need for any confusion.

Okay, that’s one of the issues. More on the other one in a bit.


No comments: