Monday, March 24, 2003

I scrolled on the blogger page and flipped through a couple folks' bloggers.

I hope those same people will read this one: I am so fucking tired of you complaining about a war that we are already in. Support our fucking troops. Form a United Front. You are giving Iraq exactly what they want - and making this country look more backwards and foolish than you accuse our president of doing. You have every right to protest - that's why the military is alive - so that you get to keep the freedom that you keep shoving up our government's ass. But as the wife of a sailor - and the daughter of a patriotic family, I'm asking you to shut the hell up already.

Maybe it's because I'm 38 years old. Maybe it's because I grew up in the midwest. Maybe it's because I'm not one to sit around whining on end about things that I can't change. But I'm aggravated beyond reason at this point. Using the Academy Awards - something that went on to provide a BREAK to people from the horrors of war - to make some speech about how you feel about your government.

... okay, done now.

Onto better things.

I got to pick up my husband tonight and spend about a half hour with him before he had to go to bed. These are long days for him and he's exhausted. I hate seeing it, but I know this is just one more thing he has to go through to realize his potential in the military. He will get through it and I will support him and we will both come out the other end stronger.

The local news is hanging out at the base every night when I pull in to pick him up (we're waiting to get my registration and stickers so I can quit taking him and he can drive himself again) I don't know if they're circling, waiting for some news of a death, or if they're just doing it as local interest. I certainly hope it's the latter.

C and I have a very fun, relaxing weekend planned. He has three days of leave (providing everything remains level at the base) and I want him to relax, have a good time, destress. And I want us to enjoy the 72 hours we have together, because we know it'll be a long time before we get that many hours together again. We're going up to Winchester Friday night to hear Booze Monkey, who are friends of ours. We're going with our friends from Williamsburg, and we're taking the toybag for show and tell - ha, ha. Should be a good time. We're staying over Friday night and then coming back Saturday to relax the other two days.

Wow. It's working! I'm writing! ha ha ha.

Night now.

No comments: