Thursday, January 10, 2008

The more things change ...

... the more I'm stuck in a rut.

I haven't been writing. Well, here, anyway, and not a whole lot anywhere else, either. I went through a quiet period, where I didn't feel like sharing anything, and now I'm kind of trying to break out of that (forcing it, mostly) because it's starting to get on my nerves.

That's not the only thing that's stuck though.

I noted today, when I went into the restroom at work, that the shirt I put on this morning is too big. Will I put it away? No, probably not. I tend to dump jeans that are too big immediately, but shirts ... it's not so easy. I've always worn my shirts big. Even now, anything that clings too close I'm not crazy about. I go back and forth between chastising myself for that (I wear a size 10 jean now. I mean, do I really need to be wearing clothes I wore 40 pounds ago?), and comforting myself with all that extra material (it *is* cold here in the frozen tundra you know).

It's time for me to get unstuck. In all these little areas I've been sticking in.

No comments: