Monday, September 25, 2006

Angry

I'm angry.



I feel like I'm being forced to go cut my own switch off the tree to get beat with.



I feel like I'm being punished for something I had nothing to do with.



And I am.



5 years ago on October 12th, I married the man I thought I'd spend the rest of my life with.



2 years ago, this man decided that being married no longer suited him; that he wanted to be responsible for himself and only himself.



6 months ago, I told this man I was ready - file the damn papers, let's be done.



A week ago, I drove to Virignia to go to the attorney with him.



Yesterday, when I spoke to him, he told me he didn't have time to file the papers himself.



Yea. That's being responsible for yourself, you jackass.



Let's punish Jill, who doesn't want this - who never wanted this - who believes in commitment and believes in finding ways to work things out. Let's make sure that Jill feels as absolutely terrible about this whole thing as she possible can so there's no chance in heaven or hell she will ever look at you the same. Let's make Jill do all the work and suffer through all the consequnces alone while you're off having your 'freedom' and your 'self-responsibility'.



Let's be sure we sink that fucking knife in just as deeply as we can so that the scar is permanent.



Did I mention I was angry?

No comments: