Thursday, April 26, 2007

Orally Yours?

It's never been a secret that I can take oral sex or leave it (on myself). Whether it's because my partners in the past just sucked at it (no pun intended), or there's just really something in me that doesn't care about it, I dunno. But it's never been high on my priority list, and if given a choice, I'd probably find something else I'd prefer to do.

While C enjoyed getting a blow job, he rarely if ever could get off on it. And he's not alone. I've heard the same complaint from various partners/friends over the years. For many men, it just doesn't *work* to get them to an orgasm. They enjoy it - the sensations are erotic and pleasurable, but it doesn't push them over the edge. For many men these days, it's just foreplay. Personally, I'm fine with that.

Not all men feel that way, mind you. There are still many that *can and *do get off with their cock in a nice warm mouth.

I have to wonder if it isn't less of a physical reason perhaps and more of a mental one. Physically this could be explained away by lips not being as hard/tight around the shaft as say - a hand - and if someone masturbates frequently (C did), maybe the 'sensation' simply wasn't enough. But mentally, perhaps head has become normal, and people simply don't find it nearly as 'dirty', and hence, not as much fun.

It's just all very interesting. I mean, it is, if you ponder this stuff as much as I do.

No comments: